Classifications of Polynomials
- Classifications of Polynomials
Understand the concept of a function and use function notation
MGSE9-12.A.SSE.2 - Use the structure of an expression to rewrite it in different equivalent forms.
MGSE9-12.A.SSE.3 - Choose and produce an equivalent form of an expression to reveal and explain properties of the quantity represented by the expression.
· I can name and classify polynomial expressions
· I can identify the highest degree
· I can identify the number of terms
· I can write the expression in standard form
· I can identify the leading coefficient
Daily 10 Warm up
· Opening (I do): I will define vocabulary.
· Work Session (We do-You do): Students will work to identify a polynomial and writing them in standard form.
· Closing (We check): we will come back together to go over the answers as a group, students will work problems together on the board.
Differentiation Strategies: Scaffolding throughout lesson and applications will be provided for rigor. Students will work with pairs at some points throughout the assignment.
Formative/Summative Assessment(s) (We check):
· How can you identify the difference between degrees and terms?
Assignment: On Google Classroom