Spanish 2 Syllabus
Spanish II Syllabus Hours available:
Señora Andrea Carone Before School 7:40a.m– 8:10a.m
Wolfe Street Building 3201
267-4210 ext. 3307 After School 3:30 p.m. – ???
Welcome to Spanish II! This syllabus will help you understand what will be expected of you.
COMMUNICATIVE AND CULTURAL GOALS
Students will continue to build on their Spanish I foundation. The students will continue to use the present tense and will learn how and when to use the preterite and imperfect tense. Students will add new vocabulary words and use them to write and converse in the following subjects:
Traveling and Tourism Daily Life Foods Hobbies
Likes and Dislikes Hispanic Values Invitations Crime
Events and Ceremonies Historical Events Theater
En Español by McDougal Littell and the accompanying workbook and Así se dice.
I recommend that you purchase a Spanish/English Dictionary. This can be found at any bookstore, Wal-mart, Target or Staples. A good dictionary should cost about $5.00 to $12.00. You may also want to purchase a Spanish verb book; I recommend 501 Spanish Verbs. I have found this book in a few local stores, but you may have more luck finding it on the Internet.
- Be respectful to your fellow classmates, your teacher and yourself.
- Keep combs, brushes and make-up put away!
- BRING ALL MATERIALS TO CLASS unless told otherwise.
- No eating or drinking in class (unless we are having a fiesta)
- Obey all school rules
- No excessive talking or other unnecessary noise.
- DO NOT line up at the door before the bell. If you do so, you will be the last to leave.
- Be prepared for class.
- NO CELLPHONES OR MUSIC DEVICES OUT IN THE CLASSROOM!
- Don’t forget to ALWAYS wear your stylish ID Badge!
- Tardies – You must be in the classroom when the bell rings. All tardies will be recorded in the school attendance system (which does show up on Infinite Campus!. I will follow the school tardy policy which is outlined in the student handbook (located in the student’s agenda).
It is your responsibility to get your make-up work when you have been absent or when you have checked out early. If you miss a tests or quiz, you must see me to arrange a time before or after school to make-up the test or quiz.
CHEATING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Cheating can be defined in many ways. The following list, taken from the student honor code, represents forms of cheating:
- Taking information of ANY form into a test situation for the purpose of responding to test items or for the purpose of assisting others in responding to test items.
- Plagiarism (the act of using or passing off the ideas/writings of another as one’s own.)
- Copying assignments, including homework, notebooks, book reports, or other work,
- Giving or taking information concerning a test/quiz after one individual has taken the quiz/test and the same form of the test/quiz is to be given in another class.
- Talking during test situations, or exchange of information during test situation
- ****GOING ON THE INTERNET TO TRANSLATE THINGS IS CONSIDERED CHEATING!
IF YOU DO THIS, YOU WILL RECEIVE A ZERO FOR THE ASSIGNMENT IN QUESTION!
When substantial proof has been obtained that a student or group of students have been involved in cheating, the student(s) WILL RECEIVE A ZERO on the assignment or test, and the parents will be contacted.
TIP: Internet translation sites translate things literally, so 99% of the time your sentences will not translate correctly. It is very easy to tell when someone has used the Internet to translate!
- Late Work
I DO NOT ACCEPT LATE WORK! This rule applies to EVERY assignment (homework, daily work, projects, etc.) I DO understand that there ARE exceptions, so if a problem does arise come and talk to me or e-mail me so we can work out a solution.
- Extra Credit
Will be available throughout the year
DAILY WORK/HOMEWORK - 30 % A new work ethic grade will be added to this category
QUIZZES - 25%
TESTS - 30%
FINAL - 15%
AT THE END OF THE SEMESTER EACH STUDENT WILL TAKE A GRAMMAR FINAL THAT COUNTS 15%
OF THE STUDENT'S GRADE
100 - 90 A
89 - 80 B
79 - 70 C
69 and below F
My grade book will be available for parents/students to view on Infinite Campus and I usually update all grades within 24 hours unless something comes up. Please see the Glynn County Schools website for more information about Infinite Campus and what you will be able to do with it. I will also be sending grade printouts for parents to see grades. This should happen every 2 to 3 weeks and I ask that you sign this printouts and have your student return them to me.
If you need to contact me I can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or the school phone number is
I look forward to teaching you Spanish, a language I love! Learning a language is hard work and I expect the very best from you. Please let me know if you need help, that’s why I’m here!
Buena Suerte (Good Luck),
Students/ Parent(s)/ Guardian(s)
Please read this syllabus together and then sign the bottom of it on the given line. Having you sign this allows me to know that everyone is aware of the policies. I will give a grade for having this signed.
STUDENT’S PRINTED NAME STUDENT SIGNATURE
PARENT/GUARDIAN PRINTED NAME PARENT/GUARDIAN SIGNATURE
HOME PHONE NUMBER: _________________________________________
PARENT/GUARDIAN CELL PHONE NUMBER _________________________________
PARENT/GUARDIAN ADDRESS _____________________________________________
STUDENT’S E-MAIL __________________________________________________________