Classroom Expectations and Procedures
Virtual/Distance Learning Procedures: This is only for FULL TIME VIRTUAL STUDENTS!
1) Please note that the name of the course you are taking in my class is not listed on your schedule. It only reads Study Skills. However, you are taking either an academic or elective course. Also, all of your grades will be on the Edgenuity platform. If you want to see your grades, you will go to IC, but to your Edgenuity grade window.
2) You will be required to fill out and submit a testing pledge for each of your Edgenuity courses Here is the link to the testing pledge: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kzFylj1c9RzowFNYjAqaRpf7aXeDPXRmvcTk5JGPrqI/viewform?edit_requested=true
3) You are expected to work from home during your scheduled class time and dedicate at least the same amount of time to your Edgenuity class each day and completing activities. 90 minutes for block classes or 45 minutes for those on a skinny. Attendance is expected daily.
4) To log in follow these procedures:
Click on this link or go to GA's website and go to student tab and click on the link that says Edgenuity. https://auth.edgenuity.com/Login/SAML/Student/GLYNNCO
You must type your pin# as your username and your GA computer password for password.
5) It is going to be very important for you to take notes and read passages, and stay on track since you are going to be working on your own.
6) You are required and expected to answer every question the first time around. Not just the multiple-choice questions.
7) Any instructions and assignments that have a failing grade may be reset and you must do it over. So, review each of the questions on the warm ups, instructions, and assignments, and write them down, so that you have the correct answers.
8) If you fail a quiz, don't take the next right away. Go back and get the answers to the questions you missed and then attempt your next quiz. Make sure you take good notes. If you exceeded your attempts, email me and I will give you an added quiz attempt.
9) When you are ready to take your test, you need to do the following: Send me an email to my Edgenuity email. Go to the upper right-hand corner in Edgenuity and click on the envelope. Find my name and in the subject, write Unlock Test. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please send an email to email@example.com (I don't get notices when Edgenuity email arrives) Please note that tests remain open within 15 minutes after I unlock it. If you don't start the test within the time frame, the test will close and you will need to let me know so that I can open it again.
10) For your “Daily Ten”, if your Edgenuity class requires an EOC or if you have an EOC class scheduled this semester, YOU ARE REQUIRED to do USA TESTPREP activity daily as indicated by your teacher. If you are taking a Non-EOC class and do not have an EOC scheduled this semester, you will do an SAT/ACT activity indicated by your teacher. (https://quizlet.com/9381358/actsat-word-of-the-day-flash-cards/)
11) Any other issues, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 912-267-4210, Ext. #3290. If you want to schedule a meeting in Google Meet, send me an email, and I will arrange the meeting.
12) It is very important that you stay on track with your class. Check your progress daily to ensure this. If you fall behind, you will need to work extra time to catch up.
To have Success in this Course
- ALWAYS take good notes and keep them organized in a notebook or folder.
- ALWAYS listen carefully to the lectures.
- ALWAYS read supplemental activities.
- Make sure you understand the concept before taking a quiz. Ask the teacher for help if you do not.
- Remember your target date! Do not let yourself get behind in your work or you will not finish your class on time.
Complete the Acknowledgement/Information Form on my website (https://forms.gle/Bv9FeQGns96SRuLC9) to acknowledge you have read and understand the syllabus and course outline and will feel free to discuss any problems or questions directly with Dr. Atkinson-Williams.
Virtual Procedures for
Students in 2nd Block
- You are expected to log in during your normal block time. Second block, 10:00 – 11:35. Attendance will be taken based on your work in your Edgenuity class.
- I will be available to answer any questions through Google Meet.
Google Meet link: https://meet.google.com/lookup/cg2ytsui4i?authuser=0&hs=179
- To login to Edgenuity, please go to our school website, under students, please select Edgenuity. Your login will be the same, your pin # only is your user id and your password is your computer password.
- When you need a quiz or test released, either email me at email@example.com or go to my Google Meet and ask me for a quiz during your 2nd Block. At that point, I will let you know if I will be resetting your assignments.
- I will reset your assignments as usual, so please make sure you have written down the correct answers.
- If you want to work in addition to your normal scheduled time, let me know and I will set you up to work past school hours.
Edgenuity Syllabus and Classroom Procedures for In-School Students Fall 2021
In-School Learning Procedures
How to be Successful in this Course
Complete the Acknowledgement/Information Form (https://forms.gle/Bv9FeQGns96SRuLC9) on my website to acknowledge you have read and understand the syllabus and course outline and will feel free to discuss any problems or questions directly with Dr. Atkinson-Williams.