Mr. Meacham's Home
9th Grade Algebra 1
Room 4113 / Prep Building
"Math is not about numbers, equations, computations or algorithms; it is about understanding."
- William Paul Thurston
As a Glynn Academy graduate, Mr. Meacham is a local with a heart for Brunswick. After spending 8 years at a global management consulting firm in Atlanta, where he served as an advisor on compensation strategies to the world's largest for-profit and not-for-profit organizations, he has joined the Glynn Academy math department to teach 9th grade Algebra 1.
Mr. Meacham also currently serves an infantryman with the Georgia Army National Guard and has deployed to Afghanistan with the 48th Infantry Brigade Combat Team in support of Operation Freedom Sentinel.
Master of Business Administration
Valdosta State University
Bachelor of Finance
Bachelor of Accounting
Integrity – do the right thing at all times, even when no one is looking
- Choose to do right. Adhere to classroom rules and do not cheat. Tell the truth, especially when it’s hard.
Courage – overcome fear or adversity to accomplish your task
- Be courageous: raise your hand and ask questions when you don’t understand, choose to work on difficult problems and challenge your understanding – and, have the courage to do right even when you see others choosing to do wrong.
Accountability – take responsibility for your actions and your learning
- Take responsibility for your learning by showing up to class on time, doing the classwork/homework and identifying the areas where you are struggling, and taking responsibility to find out about and make up any work assigned during absences.
Respect – have regard for the wishes, rights, traditions and feelings of others
- Be kind to others. Help others. Be honest and do right by others. Remain quiet when others are speaking. Focus on the teacher during instruction.
Excellence – daily, behind-the-scenes hard work to be better than you were yesterday
- Clarify what you really want, define the steps to get there, then work as hard as you can for as long as it takes. Growth happens outside of your comfort zone: every day, constantly seek out what you are bad at, then pound that weakness until it becomes a strength.
1001 Mansfield Street
Brunswick, GA 31520
912-267-4210 ext. 3284