1) Please note that the name of the course you are taking in my class is not listed on your schedule. It only reads Study Skills. However, you are taking either an academic or elective course. Also, all of your grades will be on the Edgenuity platform. If you want to see your grades, you will not go to IC, but to your Edgenuity grade window.
2) You will be required to fill out and submit a testing pledge for each of your Edgenuity courses. Here’s the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-_GCmlBRgDbCN3ijaiXhdmksHDDlO_K6FD0o-Nbbaqg/viewform?edit_requested=true
3) You are expected to work from home during your scheduled class time and dedicate at least the same amount of time to your Edgenuity class each day. 90 minutes for block classes or 45 minutes for those on a skinny. Attendance is expected daily.
4) To log in follow these procedures:
Click on this link or go to GA's website and go to student tab and click on the link that says Edgenuity. https://auth.edgenuity.com/Login/SAML/Student/GLYNNCO
You must type your pin# as your username and your GA computer password for password.
5) It is going to be very important for you to take notes and read passages, and stay on track since you are going to be working on your own.
6) You are required and expected to answer every question the first time around. Not just the multiple-choice questions.
7) Any instructions and assignments that have a failing grade may be reset and you must do it over. So, review each of the questions on the warm ups, instructions, and assignments, and write them down, so that you have the correct answers.
8) If you fail a quiz, don't take the next right away. Go back and get the answers to the questions you missed and then attempt your next quiz. Make sure you take good notes. If you exceeded your attempts, email me and I will give you an added quiz attempt.
9) When you are ready to take your test, you need to do the following: Send me an email to my Edgenuity email. Go to the upper right hand corner in Edgenuity and click on the envelope. Find my name and in the subject, write test needed. If you don’t receive a confirmation email, please send an email to my school email, email@example.com. (I don't get notices when Edgenuity email arrives). Please note that tests remain open within 15 minutes after I unlock it. If you don't start the test within the time frame, the test will close and you will need to let me know so that I can open it again.
10) For your daily 10, if your Edgenuity class is an EOC class or you have an EOC class scheduled this semester, you are required to do a USA Testprep activity daily as indicated by your teacher. If you are taking a non EOC class and do not have an EOC class scheduled, you will do an SAT/ACT activity as indicated by your teacher.
11) Any other issues, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 912-267-4210, Ext. #3289. If you want to schedule a meeting in Google Meets, send me an email, and I will arrange the meeting.
11) It is very important that you stay on track with your class. Check your progress daily to ensure this. If you fall behind, you will need to work extra time to catch up.
12) If you want to schedule a Google Meet, send me an email that tell me what time you want to schedule the Google Meet for. Use the link in your Google Classroom to access the Google Meet with me.
To have Success in this Course
ALWAYS take good notes and keep them organized in a notebook or folder.
ALWAYS listen carefully to the lectures.
ALWAYS read supplemental activities.
Make sure you understand the concept before taking a quiz. Ask the teacher for help if you do not.
Remember your target date! Do not let yourself get behind in your work or you will not finish your class on time.
Welcome to Success Academy’s Edgenuity program. Our program is an online program designed to help you recover your academic credits from courses you have failed or are missing. It also allows transfer students get on track academically. The program is self paced, which means that even though there are certain assignments that have to be completed each day in order to complete the course on time, you are not limited to just doing those assignments. You can work from home to get ahead. From home, go to this website https://auth.edgenuity.com/Login/SAML/Student/GLYNNCO and log in as you are logging in to the computer at home. You can go the school website and under students, select Edgenuity. You can work on everything at home except for topic tests and cumulative exams. Ask your teacher to set you up to work at home. You can check your progress on a daily basis. A red bar indicates that you are behind. A blue bar indicates that you are on task. Finally, a green bar indicates that you are ahead.
If you are taking this class as a credit recovery class and you successfully complete all the required content (lessons, assignments, quizzes, tests, essays, etc.), and receive at least 70% for this class, you will receive credit for this class.
We are part of the Glynn Academy family. Therefore, all Glynn Academy rules are followed (i.e. dress code, electronic procedures, etc.) In addition, keep these rules in mind:
- Respect and be polite to all people. (Listen carefully and do not talk when someone else is talking.)
- Respect the property of others. (Put litter in trash can; return borrowed items, do not write on desks, respect the integrity of the computers.)
- Exercise self-control at all time. (Crude and offensive language will not be tolerated.) Keep hands and feet to yourself. Don’t throw things inside the classroom. Tone and volume of voice must be controlled at all time.)
- Do not go to any unauthorized website.
- No electronic devices are allowed to be used inside the classroom. That means no charging of phones. If there is a situation that requires use, please come talk to teacher.
- Raise your hand for help.
- You must ask the teacher for permission to leave (bathroom, other classrooms, etc.) One person at a time will be allowed outside the classroom, for no more than 5 minutes and one time. No student is allowed outside the classroom 10 minutes after bell rings and 10 minutes before bell rings, unless administration calls for you.
- Make sure you always wear your id during class.
- Stay in your seats when it is time to change classes, go to lunch, or leave for the day, until I dismiss you. Your class will be dismissed, by rows, when the bell rings. Make sure you have sanitized your area before you leave (I will provide you with wipes to wipe down keyboard, headphones, and desk area), and put the headphones neatly by the computer. Put the chair inside the table before you leave the room. You need to follow the exit path, which means head to the right and exit by the boy’s bathroom.
- You are required to fill out and submit a testing pledge for each of your Edgenuity courses. Here’s the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-_GCmlBRgDbCN3ijaiXhdmksHDDlO_K6FD0o-Nbbaqg/viewform?edit_requested=true
- Student is required to take notes and listen to every lesson with either headphones or personal listening device. Notes must be shown before a quiz is released.
- For your daily 10, if your Edgenuity class is an EOC class or you have an EOC class scheduled this semester, you are required to do a USA Testprep activity daily as indicated by your teacher. If you are taking a non EOC class and do not have an EOC class scheduled, you will do an SAT/ACT activity as indicated by your teacher.
- Student is required and expected to answer every question the first time around. Not just the multiple-choice questions.
- Student is not allowed to copy and paste answers to assignments. You will be expected to write down short response questions on notebook, prior to writing them on the program.
- Review of quizzes or test will not be given for EOC courses. Reviews for other subjects will be up to the teacher’s discretion. Reviews are not given on any prescriptive or pretests. Only one review will be given.
- If you fail a quiz 2 times, the teacher will assign a supplemental activity.
- Student may use notes on quiz, but not on pretests, tests or final exam.
- Student may use a formula sheet for final exam.
To have Success in this Course
- ALWAYS take good notes and keep them organized in a notebook or folder.
- ALWAYS listen carefully to the lectures.
- ALWAYS read supplemental activities.
- Make sure you understand the concept before taking a quiz. Ask the teacher for help if you do not.
- Remember your target date! Do not let yourself get behind in your work or you will not finish your class on time.